Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mixed Media Challenge for October 3, 2011 - Memories of Mom

This is actually Monday's post. Once again I hope to be very busy tomorrow making quilts for kids with cancer so no time to post. We normally meet every second Monday which would be next week but that happens to be our Canadian Thanksgiving so we are meeting a week early.

This week's challenge from Stampin Bella (http://stampingbella.com/blog/) was to use a picture in our piece and journal about it. That was all the instructions...use a picture and journal. It will be 39 years this month that my mother died at age 55 and I still miss her as if it was yesterday she left. So, I decided to use one of the very few pictures we have of her and do a little reminiscing.  Here it is.

The background is water colour paint and acrylic and the stencil was put on using Distress Ink. I drew the rose free hand and then outlined it with a marker and painted it with acrylic paint. The little hearts are just drawn free hand with a red marker. I won the stamp that I used on the top of the page but I've thrown away the packaging so I have no idea who made it.

This brings me to another point - don't be camera shy. Mom took very few pictures and of course she was not in them unless someone else happen to take the pictures. We don't have many of my dad either. So, please, let someone take pictures of you for your family to enjoy. Doesn't matter that you may not look like a model, I mean really, how many really do? I'm the picture taker in our family too and I really try to remember to hand the camera over and have someone take my picture so my children and grandchildren will have them. I'm not very photogenic but it doesn't matter. I just finished scrapbooking a trip my husband and I took with two of our grandsons last summer and I forgot to have him take some pictures of me with the boys. Bad! They won't even know I was there when they look thru the album years from now - except for the journaling.

1 comment:

  1. Vi - Beautiful page. Love your journalling. Makes me think of my Mom! Wish she was still here! Very touching.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...