Friday, November 11, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry November11, 2011

My husband, Joe and I, enjoyed a very moving ceremony at the cenotaph this morning to honour our fallen soldiers. They even had vintage planes do a fly-over which was very touching. Lest we forget, indeed.



This week's card challenge from Stampin' Bella was do make a Christmas Card. Easy one or what!

Here is my card.

Pretty straight forward so not too much explanation required! The only thing that I should tell you is the bright green is the back side of patterned paper. I actually picked the paper before I did the colouring of the image this time. The lady's green dress was first done with water coloured pencils and then, once dry, I went over it with some shimmering pastel paint. In real life it looks fabric. After I die cut the image with the largest oval die, I cut out a bright red with a fancy oval but it looked too stark. So, I used the same oval die but cut around the outside edge with a craft knife for the green behind the stamped image. Tricky but it works. The stitching is gold thread - perfect for Christmas cards.



The border is the same green. I don't have any edge trimmers - yet - but I have the scissors from when I first started scrapbooking so I cut the edge with that, and then cut the red one with the same scissors. The stamped sentiment is one of my favorites. I bought it from Paper Wishes but, once again, I thru the package out so I don't know who made it. The bow is from a bag of bows I bought at the shoe outlet. Wish I had more red ones from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...