Friday, December 16, 2011

Bellarific Friday Dec 16 - Best Wishes Card

Last week Joe and I took a bus trip to Windsor and when we got home I realized my favorite bracelet was not on my arm! I called to report it of course but didn't hear back so I figured it was gone forever. This morning I was looking for a pen in my purse and felt something along the bottom and pulled out the bracelet. One of the jump rings had come apart just enough to unhook itself and it came off. Thank goodness it came off in my purse!  Happiness can definitely be brought on by the smallest things because I am one happy camper!

So, back to the card. Stampin' Bella's last challenge of the year was to make a card  on the provided a sketch. I certainly didn't need anymore Christmas cards so I made a birthday card. It was rather refreshing to use some colours other then Christmas colours.

Lots of layers on this one. The stamp came from the Pickle on one of their sales - I think it was $2 or $3. I wasn't sure what to do with it when I bought it but now I think it may get a lot of use. Coloured it with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol, except for the flower in his tail - that was a TomBow marker to match the green in the designer paper...and I added a gem for the centre. The designer paper came from the Pickle too - one of the 6" packs they sell. I've just started to use them and I really like them because a) everything matches and b) the patterns are reduced for cards so the flowers, etc. are not over whelming. The ribbon is from my stash and it just happened to match perfectly. Trouble is, that was the last of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...