Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Christmas Angel

I love angels. I feel them around me all the time. We are all suppose to have a guardian angel - well, I'm such a klutz I expect I have several because one couldn't keep up with me. I must be exhausting to watch over.

When I first started tole painting - about 1992 or 93, I found this pattern in a tole painting magazine and decided to make it.

I'm not sure now who cut the wood out for me but they did a great job. As I look at it now I can see where I what I would change if I was doing it over - many newbie mistakes! But, overall I like it and it still hangs from our entertainment centre every season. The bow she is holding and the bells below were added after she was painted. I actually, pretty much, followed the pattern and this is what it called for. It does add a nice dimension to the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...