Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dancer Card

Before I post today's card I have to tell you two things. First, I made a cake to take to church this morning for the bake sale. That in itself, is hardly worth mentioning; however, the fact that I was able to carry it from the house to the car and from the car to the church without dropping it or sticking my thumb into it calls for at least a small celebration! I kid you not!...told you I was a klutz!

But the funniest thing in church, ever, happened today. They had some of the Sunday School class sing a song. One of the little boys (I'm guessing 3 1/2 or 4) just happened to be standing behind one of the mikes and he was singing with gusto! Unfortunately it was a long song and he didn't remember all the words and he was too young to read the lyrics on the television screen mounted on the balcony. So he would go off track once in awhile. He did remember the chorus by heart though and decided to sing it by himself while the rest of them sang the song. Funny!  At one point his sister actually tried to cover his mouth with her hand which he quickly and efficiently pushed away without missing a beat. At the end of the song he flopped down on the stage as if that rendition completely exhausted him. Crowd loved it. We always applaud the kids when they sing but I'm guessing that today 50% of the applaud was just for Gabriel.

Now on to the posting. I'm posting another card that I quite liked when I got it done and it was a quick and simple one.

I stamped the image, Dancer from Stampin' Up, on white cardstock with VersaMark and then embossed it with some sparkling embossing powder. Blue chalk was pounced around Dancer. The cardstock was die cut and embossed with Spellbinders square die, and then the same with the red paper with the square scallop die. The tag was cut from a ProvoCraft  tag die set and mounted to the background paper with brads. The sentiment was stamped with silver but it didn't photo well. Then I just wrapped some eyelash yarn around the background paper and mounted it to the card base. Quick and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...