Wednesday, February 15, 2012

CPS Sketch 170

I gave myself quite a challenge – two challenges really. Here’s how it went down. The CPS blog provides card sketches and request that we make a card based on that sketch and link it to their blog. There were 15 for this challenge. Because my computer was down for most of January I thought I was not going to be able to participate. However, I decided to go for it! I finally got the last few cards finished last night and I am posting them on my blog, linking them to this one:
http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com.  If you struggle coming up with ideas for cards, by all means check out their blog and download the sketches. I’ve never been a sketch user before but I found out that it is much quicker with a sketch to follow. The second part of my challenge was to use as much of my “stash” as I could. No taking the quick way and grabbing a new piece of paper or cardstock. This slowed me down a bit but I did use a lot of the stash and only had to cut a new piece when absolutely necessary. I will be posting all 15 cards on their own posting to keep it simple.

Violet

Sketch 170
Another rose from my garden! I have over 30 rose bushes and last summer I decided to take a few pictures of them to use in my cards. The green strip was made using the Spellbinders Edgeabilities. I taped it and the yellow piece together and then added the golden-yellow piece of ribbon. All from the stash. The yellow polka dot paper is the only thing that was not from the stash.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely design and nice take on the CPS sketch! Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...