Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Raven Wall-Hanging

Because my computer was inoperable for most of January I didn't get a chance to post the wall-hanging I made for one of my sons-in-law for Christmas. He loves my wall-hangings (I think I've made him 4 other ones) and he also likes crows and ravens - he obviously does not live in Chatham where we have about 80,000 crows fly into town every night in the winter! Anyway, I know he likes crows so this is what I made him.

I saw this kit at our guild sale table and knew he would love it. I didn't use most of the fabric in the kit - ugly and thin stuff - but I liked the pattern. They had put in solid black for the ravens and wouldn't that be boring! I think I used their material for the sun and one apple, and the rest of the material is from my stash. I like making wall-hangings because they are quicker to make and easier to quilt then a huge bed quilt. I'm actually getting a little tired of sewing squares and rectangles together and once I reduce my stash by making some charity quilts, I'm going to concentrate on making art or pictorial quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...