Sunday, February 26, 2012

Vacation Scrapbook Page

On a Sunday at this time we are usually in church. Not today though. Joe woke up out-of-sorts, not sure if he is coming down with something or just overslept. I woke up feeling pretty good but then I tried to say good morning to him and it came out something like "good mornakapy"....what???  He just shook his head and said "That's a new one!" In case you are new to my blog, I should explain that I have two rare brain disorders that are not fatal but they play havoc with my day-to-day life. Sometimes I have a great deal of pain, other days, like today, I feel pretty good but they affect my speech, some days its both. Why no church? Its like this - after a few praise songs, our minister has us get up and walk up and down the aisles saying good morning and shaking hands with other people, whether we know them or not (OK, I'm a knuckle puncher and they are getting used to me - even the older generation but they shake their heads as they knuckle punch me). But I just can't see myself walking around saying "good mornakapy" to people. Very few people in the church know of my condition. Turns out there are several other words that are not coming out right today too so I'm staying put.

Yesterday I took the plunge and signed up for Pinterest. Not sure about this. I have no idea how to pin something and I was too tired to figure it out. Maybe later today, maybe not.

I haven't posted a scrapbook page for awhile so I thought this would be a good day to do so. In 2010 we took two of our grandsons on a day trip to Amherstburg. They loved it. Here's the first layout.


The designer paper came from a pack I picked up at one of the dollar stores and it had about 20 pages in it for $3.00. Trouble is I forgot I had it a couple months later I picked up another package of it. I have lots to use up!  The letters started out as those multi-coloured foam ones from the dollar store. I just painted them to match the brown in the designer paper and then added blue glitter dots. Here are the individual pages.

The boys love to climb on things so this was right up their alley.



The island behind Joe and the boys used to be called Boblo Island and it was an amusement park.
 Now its home to millionaires. The houses are incredible.
I have two more layouts from Amherstburg but those are for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...