Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cherry Blossom Card

What a quiet house we have after having the boys for March break. Eerie quiet actually.

We are still enjoying above average temperatures here in South Western Ontario to the point where the grass looks like it needs cutting. Hubby says he is not going to be the first person on the block to cut the grass when its only March. We could still get a dumping of snow. The weeds in our driveway have been sprouting up so bad we decided it was time to spray instead of pick. So, I mixed up a solution of 1 gallon of vinegar, 1 cup of salt, and a Tablespoon of dish soap and he sprayed it on the driveway last night. Hope it works. I got this recipe off the Internet. We have never used it before but another neighbour stopped by while he was spraying and said for sure it will work. I don't use chemicals.

So, before we go outside and putter around the garden, I'm going to post a card I made last week.

When we went to Port Huron a couple of weeks ago, I picked up this Sizzix cherry blossom die at Hobby Lobby. It was on sale - of course. I die cut the branch and flowers and after shaping the flowers by pressing a stylus into the centres while they were on an old mouse pad, I simply glued them together and then onto the branch. I had some extra flowers so I just glued them off by themselves to make it look like they were floating away. The paper is all from my stash, which still doesn't look like its going down! The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...