Monday, April 2, 2012

Art Sootes the Soul - an Art Journal Page

It's after 7:00 p.m. and this is the first time I've had a chance to sit down at the computer. Right after physio/acupuncture this morning we had to drive to Windsor to have the deep cleaning of my gums done...not pleasant but not too bad either and so necessary. Of course, we had to have lunch first so we opted for Chinese buffet and thoroughly enjoyed that. After my cleaning hubby wanted to walk thru Devonshire Mall "to get some exercise" he said. Truth is he actually enjoys walking around malls even though he seldom buys anything. So, a long day and I'm ready for an easy evening.

My post today is an art journal page I created. This week's challenge from Emily at Stampin' Bella was to use Tim Holtz Distress Inks on the page. Easy one. I love Distress Inks. Here's my page.


The entire background was done with various Distress Inks. No other ink was used at all.  I created the circles with punchinello. The tree limb is just torn cardstock with some walnut  Distress ink and paint on it. The bird was stamped on the back of the blue cardstock and cut out...it's a Stampin' Bella stamp and I used her circle stamp to stamp some red circles on the bird. The wing has a bandage on it to reflect my tennis elbow. I don't actually have a bandage on my arm but it would be hard to depict acupuncture needles! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...