Sunday, April 1, 2012

Green Birthday Card

Really enjoyed the choir singing at the church this morning. If art soothes the soul, I think music nourishes it!

I was browsing thru some blogs yesterday and when I came upon this one, http://www.ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.ca/ I decided to make a card for their weekly challenge of making a card with green being the dominate colour. No sketch, just make it green. Here's mine.

The green frame is not quite that bright in real life. My camera seems to want to change colours from time to time, probably because of the light in the room. I just put two dies together and ran them thru the Cuttlebug to cut and emboss them to make a frame. I removed the middle part, stamped a greeting on that smaller piece and it was used on the inside of the card along with a flower and fern. The flowers and leaves were die cut with a Sizzix die and the fern is the Martha Stewart punch. I die cut a tag and stamped celebrate on it and glued it down. Then I added the pink gems to the flowers and the tag.  The paper is from a paper pack I picked up at the Paper Pickle - I think that could be new tongue twister - but again, it was quite awhile ago and likely out of circulation.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Spring card! I love the pretty papers and how you made he frame from the Spellbinders. Pink and green splendor! Thanks for joining our challenge at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...