Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hummingbird Birthday Card

Looks like it just might be a nice day here in Ontario so hopefully I can get outside and putter around, with my left hand, in the garden. Lots of dandelions popping up according to hubby. We have this handy dandy week remover which actually works like the advertisement! You push the point into the ground beside the weed, give it a turn, pull it out, weed in all, and push a lever to remove it from the tool. If I can do all this, except hold the tool, with the left hand those weeds are history. We also have a brick driveway and hubby HATES weeds and grass growing between the bricks. So, a couple of weeks ago I mixed up a Eco-friendly weed killer and he sprayed it on, and it worked. In case you need one, here's what you do. 1 gallon of vinegar, 1 cup of salt, 1 Tablespoon of dish soap. Stir the salt into the vinegar until it dissolves, then add the soap and swish. You don't want bubbles, you just want the soap throughout the mixture to stick to the grass/weeds. Spray it on and let it go to work.

Now, on with the card. My youngest daughter's birthday is this Friday and she loves hummingbirds so when I saw this stamp at the Paper Pickle  had to get it - they actually rent out stamps and I had a coupon for a free stamp rental - sweet! Of course, I stamped it numerous times but this one was one of my favourites so it goes to her.

I made the green card from textured cardstock, cut the pink paper slightly smaller at attached it. I cut the patterned paper into three equal rectangles and attached them to the pink. I used a piece of the left over green to the middle, then added the Spellbinder's circles, the edge of the fancy pink was inked with a darker ink to give it dimension. I stamped the image and embossed it in black. I used a Versamark pen to colour in and then added Perfect Pearls for the actually colour. I don't use them as often as I should. I lightly pounced some pink and blue ink around the image and then added a couple of small pink pearls. It needed something else so I added the dark pink pearls to the top left and bottom right corners. Hope she lies it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...