Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yellow, Pink and a Grey Cat Card

I finally got Noah painted at the church. I had to remind myself that he was drawn (likely by our minister who was an artist before he became a minister) as a storybook character, not a portrait....but he is done.


Yesterday I mentioned how windy it was. Well, let me tell you what happened. As I was walking to the car parked in our carport something flew past my head and hit the end of the carport with a thud. I thought someone from the sidewalk threw a ball at our house but as I got closer I saw it was actually a baby robin...well, juvenile robin.  They always build a nest in the far corner of our carport and they hatched two robins again this year. The babies were almost ready to leave the nest so they kept standing up on the edge but not quite ready to make the leap. Our only guess is that one stood up just as a gust of wind picked up and picked him up and flung him forward. He was one hardy little robin though because by the time I got to the front of the car, I saw run like crazy into the corner. Hope he made it. I couldn't find him when I got home. The other baby robin flew from the nest today.

This week's challenge at http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.ca/ was another great sketch. Here's my card.


Once again my camera has adjusted the colours. I must look into why this is happening. The card is actually a delightful colour of yellow and pink. The image is from Stampin' Bella. The paper comes from Hot of the Press.  The image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol, except for the flower. I wanted it to be bright yellow so I used a Tombow marker for it and added a hot pink gem in the centre.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...