Friday, May 18, 2012

Bellariffic Friday May 18

What a gorgeous day! A perfect May day and the weekend is suppose to be the same. This is a long weekend here in Ontario which used to be called "Victoria Day" which originally was introduced to celebrate Queen Victoria of England's birthday, which is not in May I've heard. But it's now pretty much referred to as May-24 which does not really make any more sense because it does not fall on May 24th every year. Go figure. Who cares what its called, it means Monday is a statutory holiday - for most people. Of course, us retired people  (I refer to myself as retired instead of on long term disability) pretty much have 6 Saturdays and then a Sunday so a long weekend is such a big deal for us.

So, today we "rested" up for the weekend by getting groceries for us and the sister-in-law and getting some of the flowers to plant. I planted all the pots around the house when we got home but left the flower beds themselves for the weekend. I cannot do all in one day anymore. Too much garden, too old a body!

I did have time to whip up a couple of cards this week though. This week Stampin' Bella provided us with a sketch. I did follow it but you have to look closely to see it!

Yup, "King of the Wild Things" stamp again. I cannot keep cards using this stamp in stock. Its always gone so I just keep making them, but each one a little different of course. The top of the card is actually just one piece of left over birthday paper and the bottom striped piece is from the stash. The green piece between covers the seam - and it was part of the sketch. This one was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and there is light blue (hard to see in the photo) around the edge by the stitching. The sentiment is from another Stampin' Bella stamp and its stamped on some green paper using a Fiskars stamp and then hand cut. I wanted some sparkle on the "what-ever-it-is" he is holding but a whole blob of Stickles came out. So, I just used a toothpick to get it in where it belongs and let it dry. I like it! I will do it again - but on purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...