Friday, May 25, 2012

"Just a Note" - Bellariffic Friday May 25

The air conditioner is on. I couldn't wait another day. I can't believe that we lived in this house for over 12 years without air conditioning; but then again, we both worked full-time then and the house usually cooled off by night time, except for maybe 3 or 4 nights a summer when it was too hot anywhere here. This morning we headed out for a morning walk before it got too hot - too late! We were so hot when we got home and when we walked into the house it was already 77 degrees in here, and rising. I switched on the a/c real quick. We don't keep it cold in here, just cool enough to be comfortable. I hate walking into someone's house who has the place feeling like you are walking into a cold storage unit.

So, after lunch I checked to see if Stampin' Bella had posted the Friday cards yet - nope. I made a quick U-turn and headed to the lower studio (aka the basement) and made a card. I decided to go a bit artsy on this one. The challenge this week was to make a card using blue/yellow/black on it.

First I used a mask of a circle by placing the negative side down and sponging in yellow and a touch of orange ink. Then I covered it with the positive circle.
I stamped the Stampin' Bella bird on paper and cut it out to use as a mask and placed it on with repositionable tape. Next I sponged on Broken China Distress ink on the top of the white cardstock and Pine Needles Distress ink on the bottom part. The flowers/trees? are from a Tim Holtz stamp set and I just inked the stamp with Tombow markers and stamped them a few times.

It was my intention to stamp the bird in solid blue but when I placed the mask down, I had flipped it over. Ooops, that won't work now so I had to come up with plan "B". I stamped the bird on the back of a piece of blue and cut it out, and cut off the beak and made a piece out of orange. He looked blah so I stamped some white circles with another Stampin' Bella stamp. This bird does not come with a wing so I just hand cut a wing and added it on. I drew some small lines on the wings and tail feathers with a yellow glaze pen but it doesn't really look yellow, but gives the bird some more dimension. The eye was added too with a black glaze pen. The bow came from my supply from the shoe outlet. I sponged Stampin' Up Night of Navy around the edges to darken them. I mounted it on black cardstock and then the yellow background paper which came from a 6" paper pack called Social Club.
The notes and the sentiment are from a Hot off the Press stamp set.

...and I got it sent off to Emily at Stampin' Bella in time. By the way, her challenge is open to anyone and there are prizes and yours truly just won the last draw - $20 U.S. gift certificate. Yeah, more stamps!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...