Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Congratulations on Engagement Card

Another very hot and humid day today so another day staying indoors as much as possible. I ventured out last night long enough to water the garden but that was all. Too hot to bike or even go for a long walk. Thank goodness I have indoor hobbies to keep me busy.

Today I'm posting a card I made for my granddaughter and her fiancee. Much to young to be getting married and they are not planning this soon but he wanted her to know that he was in this relationship for the long haul. Nice to know. Getting the university diploma comes before marriage! He is a very nice young man and good to her so that's what counts in this Grandma's eyes.
Here's the card I made for them.

The card base came from Hot off the Press (Paper Wishes). I bought a couple of packages of them when they were on sale. First thing I did was add a paper doily. The little bird stamp is just one of those .99 stamps that I coloured in with Tombow markers and then added some gems. I think the little hearts came with the birds. I used a heart template to cut the three different sizes and glued them together and then stitched around one. Sadly, I don't have a heart die! The leaves were die cut with a Sizzix die and the fern is Martha Stewart's. Then I added some little flowers from the dollar store and added a pearl in the centre. The beaded eye pins were made from some beads and pearls from my bead stash. Yup, I have a bead stash too. I think she will like it and she will know her Grandma and Grampa are happy she has found a good man to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...