Friday, July 27, 2012

Bellariffic Friday Card - Ivy

The weather in South Western Ontario this year is in menopause mood - it changes so fast you can can't keep up with it. This morning at 8:00 I thought we should turn off the A/C and open the windows but hubby said he was going to cut grass so wait til after he's done. We both were out of the house shortly after 9:00 and oh my, what a difference an hour makes. It was so humid it was horrible. We went thru a lot of water this morning. I finished my work early so I went in for my shower and to make lunch (delicious black bean and chick'n fajitas) and when we sat on the front porch to eat, it was actually quite cool. How did that happen in an hour? Tonight it is going to be very cool (56F) so definitely the windows will be open. Very odd weather!

I mentioned the other day that I would be posting photos of the five quilts I made for my niece. I decided to wait until she got them just in case she happened to view my blog and she would figure out they were for her and the kids. I wanted it to be a complete surprise. The biggest surprise was that Canada Post delivered them the day after they were mailed - they told me it would be three business days! Canada Post? Yes, Canada Post. So, now that she has them, I will be posting them next time.

OK, on with the card. This week Stampin' Bella posted a sketch. Now, if you follow my blog you know I have a hard time following a sketch but I did the best I could. Here's the card.

The stamp is called Ivy. I stamped it on Water colour paper and coloured it with water colour pencils. I was going to use Tombow markers but I wanted a more pastel look. The background paper is from a 81/2" x11" piece of birthday paper that I cut down to size. The ribbon is from the dollar store and I tied the bow with my homemade bow maker. The pink piece looked a little blah so I added some pearls.

I'm off now to either a) quilt b) scapbook c) card make d) art journal. Can't decide what hat to wear today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...