Saturday, July 7, 2012

Birthday Card for boys or girls

Another hot humid day and way too hot to go for a bike ride or hike or to do anything else outside today. Sure hope it breaks soon. The house is still feeling very quiet and empty with the grandsons gone home but we are slowly getting our own rhythm back....its a quiet rhythm but it suits us - most of the time.

Short post today because I've been busy - I helped do a little housework, baked some strawberry muffins and then back to quilting. I decided to post a card while having a coffee break.

I bought a bag of miscellaneous craft supplies at the thrift store and it included three packages of birthday paper for scrapbooking, but it was 8-1/2" x 11" and I only do 12" layouts, but I thought I could use some of them for cards. So, that's what the background paper is, just cut from a 8-1/2" x 11" paper. I stamped the image (Stampin' Bella) and coloured it with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol, except for the candles that I wanted in brighter colours - I used Tombow markers for them. The top right corner was looking bare so I decided to stamp "wish Big" there; which would have been fine except - I stamped it upside down!!! Aaagggghhhh! Well, I didn't want to waste the coloured image so I stamped it on a left over piece of paper that matched one of the layers behind the image and glued it over the boo-boo, then added a gold balloon. I decided that I liked this better then the original idea anyway. The big Happy Birthday and swirl are from a peel-and-stick package. After it was assembled I added yellow Stickles to the candles to make them sparkle.

That reminds me. One of the grandsons we had here this week turns five this month so we had a early birthday celebration with him. He wanted cupcakes so I put candles in 5 of the cupcakes and set it in front of him. He looked at me and said "But I need fire on them, Grandma"! Too funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...