Friday, July 6, 2012

My Grandson Joven's birthday card

It's Friday! We took the two grandsons home this afternoon. The house is so quiet its weird! The boys had a great time even though we didn't do as much as we were hoping too because of the terrible heat and humidity that stuck around all week. Too hot to be outside for too long. They loved seeing the Spiderman movie the best I think....and least it was cool in there. Yesterday was the only day we ventured to the beach (Point Pelee) but it rained off and on until 4:00 so we kept them busy at the visitor centre and on the train that runs to the point. They got about an hour at the beach before it looked like rain again but at least they had fun while they were there....and we had the beach to ourselves!

No Bellariffic card this week. With the boys here I didn't get any crafting or quilting done all week. My oldest grandson, Joven, turned 13 yesterday and I meant to post his card yesterday but didn't make it to the computer long enough to do so. Cards for teen boys and men can be a challenge but I rather liked how this one turned out.

I die cut the cupcake using a Sizzix die, assembled it, added Glossy Accents to the cherry to make it shiny and set it aside. The cherry was added with dimensional dots to make it stand out. I found some double-sided paper I thought looked interesting and cut the right side much larger then the left side and taped them together. Double stick tape holds the brown ribbon in place right over where they join. The cupcake was attached with dimensional dots. I had some chipboard numbers that just needed some dark Distress Ink around the edges and they were glued on with Glossy Accents too. They came with adhesive on the back of them but I find they don't stick all that well so I use Glossy Accents on anything that I really want stuck down - especially anything with weight. I think the card will work fine for a teen boy and I may make some more but leave the age off and add a sentiment.


1 comment:

  1. That cupcake looks pretty yummy - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-27.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...