Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Birthday Card - no image coloured!

The grandsons are playing with Grandma's knights and castle so I'm getting yet another post in. They want to see the Spiderman movie this afternoon - Grampa is skipping it - but if it's OK with their mom, I'll take them. Grampa can do their laundry while we're gone. It's going to feel like 45C today - that's way over 100F so an inside activity it has to be.

Today's card is a birthday card with no image coloured on the front. I don't usually do these but sometimes I like to do something a little different.

Well I guess I did a little colouring, but not much. I bought a set of fancy label stamps from Hot off the Press and decided to use this one. I stamped it with black ink on blue cardstock left over from making the card base. Then stamped the sentiment (it came with lots of different sentiments) and then added some butterflies from another HOTP set. I took a piece of white cardstock and stamped the butterflies, hearts and flowers (also HOTP) randomly around it and then stitched around the edge with a zig zag stitch. The stripe was cut from a left over piece of cardstock. After it was assembled I coloured in some of the butterflies to match the red and yellow on the stripe.
Quick and easy - well, quicker then colouring an entire image in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...