Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Anniversary Card using a new stamp

We have two of our grandsons here for the week. Things could get a little hectic keeping up with a 5 year old and a 7, almost 8, year old so if I don't post anything this week, it's because I'm exhausted! We won't be going far from home and the A/C because it's going to be in the 90's all week but I may take them over to the splash pad a couple times. Should be a fun week.
They're busy watching a cartoon right now so I decided to get at least one post in.

I bought a new stamp last week and decided to make a card using some different techniques.


This is a cut-away card. First I stamped the image with Versamark ink and sprinkled some red glitter embossing powder on the flowers and green on the stems and leaves, not caring too much if they mingled together and heat set them. Then I used some shiny ink that I bought at Mary Maxim's years ago that I seldom ever use - Radiant Pearls is the name on the jar. Not sure if they are still available or not. As I was painting I realized that the pinkish ink was on my fingers from the jar and I touched the background and left some marks. I didn't want to start over so I just added some more pink and then green splotches and drips....and I loved the look. The background was then sponged with Distress Inks. The splotches were calling out for a distressed edge so I ran the distressing tool along the edges and then sponged on Walnut Distress ink. I auditioned several different colours and sizes of bows and ribbons but in the end I decided I liked it better without anything else. The 6x6 paper pack had some beautiful papers and I didn't want to cut off 1/2" to fit the card base which was 5-1/2" square so I cut the card base and the paper off about 1-1/2" and glued the cut off paper to the inside of the card.

Here is the inside of the card.

The matching label came with the paper pack and I just stamped the sentiment and the butterfly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...