Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Treasure Quiet Moments

This week's Art Journal challenge from Stampin' Bella's was to use punches on our page. Oh,oh. I don't have a whole lot of punches but I searched thru the pile and came up with two Martha Stewart punches I could use so I created a page around these two punches. 

The background was first coated with gesso and once dry I sprayed on various inks, blotted some to get a mottled affect and let it dry. The "sun" is from a Crafter's Workshop stencil - my all time favorite I think. Yellow paint was used to create a more dimensional look and then I just dragged the sponge down to create the rays.

I stamped the flowers three times at different heights and heat embossed them in black. I coloured them in with ink and paint. Didn't turn out exactly as I thought they would be their OK.

Several leaves were punched from a variety of green paper using the MS fern punch. The butterflies are from a MS border punch and every other butterfly is punched out completely and the other one is just partially cut. Love that punch for borders but this time I just wanted the punched out ones. I love wandering thru gardens and I feel so relaxed when I do that I just had to make a journal page about it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh-how creative minds connect sometimes!! I did a spread with flowers (poppies)and grass and sun and quote too for my AJED entry. What a really lovely page you have made!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...