Friday, August 3, 2012

Bellariffic Friday - The Big Guy Grills Card

Tired today. We did 32km on the bikes yesterday - and then spoiled the exercise by having an ice cream cone! Oh well, there's only 4 weeks left of summer and I lose interest in ice cream after Sept - unless it's on a piece of pie! Gee, and I wonder why I cannot lose weight! They say to eat healthy 80% of the time and don't worry about the other 20% and I'd say I do eat healthy 80% of the time but I still don't lose weight.

Anyway, back to the card I'm posting. This week's challenge was to make a card about summer. Easy one. I can't keep cards made with this stamp in stock. It sells out immediately..."The Big Guy Grills".
I know I've posted other cards using this image but every one is different. This one was done on water colour paper and water colour pencils. I saw one a lady did with him wearing a Hawaiian shirt so it must have been paper pieced and I think I'll try that, just to be different. The first layer behind the image started out as yellow to match his shirt but I didn't like it so I sponged Distress Ink Tea Dye around it to make it match the stripe under Happy Birthday. I liked it better so it stayed. I made the card base from dark green and then cut it down to 5-1/2" square. I used one of the left over pieces to go above the striped piece. All the designer paper is from a 6x6 paper pack called "Wander" from Basic Grey. I died the dew drops myself with a combination of alcohol inks to get the colour I wanted.



4 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Wow! Lovely card! If your selling that image on a card did you carve it yourself?? If not what brand of stamps is it that allows you to sell their image?? Isn't their image copyrighted??

I think the 80/20% may refer to weight maintence i think weight loss may be more like 90/10% . I think its just so wonderful that your active so even if the scale doesn't move its still good for you so keep moving!!! Hugs! deb

Patrice said...

Great masculine card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

CraftyViolet said...

Deb - no, not my image. It's from Stampin' Bella. Our local scrapbook store, The Paper Pickle, sells their stamps or you can order on-line. I pretty much sell them enough to cover supplies, not a get rich selling! Selling doesn't seem to be a problem.

Weight maintenace indeed! I've decided that I'm replacing fat with muscle which ways more - ha ha ha! We really do eat healthy - vegetarian, excpet odd piece of fish, no junk food, seldom anything deep fried so I guess the odd ice cream cone won't hurt much!

Carolyn Dube said...

No wonder you can't keep this guy in stock- it captures the fun of summer fabulously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...