Thursday, August 2, 2012

Purple Poppies

What a great day we had yesterday. I packed a picnic lunch and we headed for Port Stanley. It was our intention to have a picnic lunch along the lake at John E. Pearce Provincial Park, but we never saw the sign that directed us there. I had mentioned to Joe that we should look on the map because we haven't been there for 4 or 5 years but no, he knew where it was - NOT! So, we ended up having our picnic lunch at a small park right in Port Stanley, but that was OK, not as scenic as looking out over Lake Erie, but OK. We had tickets for a play at the small playhouse in Port Stanley which is the main reason we were there and we really enjoyed it.

It was only 4:00 when we left the play so we headed for Sparta to see if we could get a walk thru Winter Wheat. If you are ever in the Port Stanley area you must go to Winter Wheat - http://www.winter-wheat.com/. The artist who runs this place is amazing. Lucy Ogletree's art work is all over in the inside as well. Incredible inspiration everywhere you look.

After a great supper outside St.Thomas we headed home. Too late and too tired to post anything.

So, today I'm posting a card I made for me daughter's birthday which was last weekend. Her favorite colour is purple, always has been, always will be. (unlike her mother who cannot choose one colour as a favorite)

I used my new favorite stamp - the poppies. In my world poppies can be any colour, even purple. I stamped it with Versamark, then the flowers Concord Purple and the stems Pine Needles (Distress inks) and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. I coloured them in with Twinkling H2O paint and added some Stickles. The leaves were coloured in with another type of ink which I can no longer read the make of. I splattered some purple H2O paint after adding some Broken China ink around the edges. The bow is made from sheer ribbon. The tag was cut from a Cuttlebug die set and I stamped "with love" on it and tied it on with a multi-coloured yarn. Then the whole thing was mounted on two different purple background papers and then onto the card base. She liked it!

ps to: jinxxxgirl - regarding your kind comment on the last post - yes, I absolutely have fun making the art journal pages, even if I don't care for the end result.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...