Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Get Well Butterfly Card

Finally a sunny day. The clothes are hanging on the line and should be dry early this afternoon. Yesterday afternoon was "run some errands just to get out of the house" day. Wasn't raining steadily but it kept threatening to rain so no use heading out to the park...and once in awhile we do have to get some groceries. Loving the fruit stands and we try to buy as much of our fruit and vegetables locally if we can. I grew up on a farm so I know how much they work, and how little they make.

Today I'm posting the second card I made the other night with a butterfly on an inked background.

Same technique as the card I posted on Monday - inked a pieced of white cardstock with Distress inks and then stamped the butterfly with Archival black ink and added Stickles. This time I cut the white cardstock into a square with a Spellbinder's die and mounted it on two pieces of background paper. I had a narrow bit of buff/peach cardstock left over from another card (which matched some of the colour below the butterfly) so I inked the edges and placed it over the seam of the other two pieces. It needed something else so I die cut a piece of white cardstock with one of the new Memory Box dies I just bought at the Paper Pickle. Love this die. So glad that Kim was able to get them in.

 I'm thinking of starting a Flickr account to post my birds and nature photos...thinking about it only at this stage. I'll be sure to post the link here if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...