Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Time is Flying By - and Art Journal Page

Another rainy day here in Ontario. This has been the most bizarre weather this year. We had May's warm temperatures in March, which had the fruit trees confused so they started to blossom, then April came back with a few nights of frost which killed them off so less fruit this year; then we had a dry June and July which affected the corn and soybean crops and now in August we are having April rains. Crazy weather for sure.

The only good thing about these rainy days is that I've had more time for art therapy and I have a few cards and other art pieces done and ready for posting. This week I did the art journal page for the challenge over at Stamping Bella's blog and the challenge was to do a page about time. Here's mine.

The background is my usual mixture of paint, ink and stamps. I just grab and apply so I have no idea what all I used. I do know that the writing (hard to see it but look at top left for the most visible one) was a Tim Holtz stamp, stamped with blue Stazon ink here and there; the clock and the wings are from two different Tim Holtz stamp sets. I stamped them on cardstock, cut them out and applied them with Modge Podge. The letters are a rub-on set from the dollar store and I just embellished them with a red pen. It was a fun project to do which is why I love doing these art journal pages. If you don't like something, just gesso over it. Don't you wish you could gesso over some mistakes in real life?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...