Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tim Holtz inspired card

Not too much to report today. We ended up going to Rondeau again yesterday for "no more then a 25km" bike ride - says Joe! Ha! We ended up doing almost 31km. Tired today! I've been trying to get some scrapbooking done and once in awhile some pages just don't work. I've been moving pictures around, changing background paper, changing embellishments for about 3 days now off and on, and so far I haven't been happy with any of them...getting close though. We are so busy this time of the year enjoying the outside world that I only spend an hour or so in my studio each day, but sometimes I can whip up a page in that amount of time. Oh well, it will come.

Before I post today's card I want to reply to the comment left yesterday - (and yes, I read all the comments so please feel free to leave me one - and your blog address if you have one so we can check out your creations) - the expression "this too shall pass" has been off my lips for years. When I married Joe and said it the first time his mother and sister laughed because apparently that was his mother's favorite expression as well. Unlike me though, she was a worrier so I was surprised to hear her say it. I don't worry about anything. No point. Make a plan, and a plan B, and even a C if necessary and if none of them work out, then just go with the flow! Hubby worries about everything too and I just shrug. I tell him all the time, if you think it's going to rain, carry an umbrella; if you don't want to carry an umbrella, then enjoy the walk in the rain! Works for me. He was actually quite frustrated at me the night before my brain surgery because I wasn't worried about it. I told him I had nothing to worry about because I wasn't the one doing the surgery! I had faith in Dr. Barr and I was leaving it to God to guide his hands. My job was to stay positive and follow doctor's orders. He just shook his head.

So, today I'm posting a card I made with a new embossing folder I just had to have when I saw it at the Paper Pickle. I have several embossing folders but this is the first Tim Holtz one I own.

In his folder packs you get the large embossing folder which is the pine leaves in the background, plus too small embossing folders, tag size. The deer is one of them. I'll show the other one another day. I ran the white cardstock thru the Cuttlebug inside the embossing folder, then inked the top with Pine Needles Distress Ink. I happened to have some left over Christmas paper that matched so cut a strip to fit across the middle, then added some peel-and-stick gold lines.
I ran the deer thru the machine using a piece of white cardstock with a light blue marble affect thru it and then very carefully with a Q-tip, I applied "All Purpose" (from the Paper Pickle) gold ink over just the deer, then sponged Broken China Distress Ink around the image. I cut it down to size and added more gold peel-and-stick lines framed the deer; then mounted it on a piece of green paper. The sentiment was stamped and embossed in gold. I can see this folder pack getting used a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...