Thursday, September 13, 2012

Snowy House Card

The sore throat continues and about noon yesterday I lost my voice completely...and it has not returned home! Oh well, this too shall pass! Hopefully the Echinacea will kick in and beat this thing so I don't have to go on antibiotics. It has turned into full blown strep throat yet so I'm waiting it out.

I did get a little bit done in the lower studio this week using some of the new stamps I scooped at 50% off from the Paper Pickle that is downsizing. The card was about 90% done when I realised I was using the card sketch from last week's challenge at Stamping Bella. Oh oh, can't submit this one because this week was a new challenge! Hard to concentrate when you don't feel well!...but I like the card anyway. Another card got done following this week's challenge which will be posted tomorrow.

This stamp could become a favorite! So fun to colour. This one was done with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol except for the lights which were done using Tombow markers. The snow is the thick kind you spread on and let dry but I sprinkled some glitter on it while wet so it's very pretty in real life. When I stamped the greeting there was a wee bit of a boo boo - a bit of brown ink was under the "S" so I just used a black sharpie to draw a wavy line to cover it up. It worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...