Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"Scary" card

This must be our Indian Summer. Not sure how a few warmer then normal days in the fall got that name but we sure enjoy it. I must look up the meaning of that saying. It is 21C here in Southwestern Ontario and the rain has stopped. 

I'm finished the Halloween cards so I thought I'd post one today. This one is for my oldest grandson, Joven.

This was fun to make. I took a piece of white cardstock and placed the stencil of the face over it. The stencil was one from a package of various Halloween stencils I bought at the dollar store last year. I sponged various colours of green Distress inks all thru it, blending them together where they met but did not make one solid colour. The eye balls were sponged in yellow Distress ink. I removed the stencil and took one of the green inks and sponged it in to fill in the face - it looked odd when I took the stencil off. Then I cut it out and inked the edges with Walnut Distress ink and glued it to a piece of black cardstock. "Spooky" was stamped on a piece of yellow vellum with black Archival ink and once dry I attached it the black cardstock with the square brads. The yellow vellum really set it off and it almost looks like it glows! Joven will love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...