Friday, November 16, 2012

Bellariffic Friday - 3 times the charm

This week Stamping Bella provided a sketch for us to make a card from - using one of her stamps of course. Yeah, me and sketches just don't get along. I use them for guidelines only but to actually follow one completely just doesn't seem to happen easily. This week was no different. I started out with good intentions. Here's the sketch she provided.

I chose my stamp and stamped it three times. Gee, now how did I know I was going to need all three? Here's the first card I made.

I almost followed the sketch but sort of wandered off a bit. The paper is just left over bits from the stash! I ran the large plain pink one thru the Cuttlebug and embossing folder and then lightly sponged on some soft pink ink on the embossed areas. The pink flowers are from the dollar store - but about 3 years old. I just sponged some soft pink over them to give them a fresher look and added gems in the centre. The leaves started out as a green flower and I just cut into three parts and tucked them in behind.

So, I started on card number two.

More papers from the stash but went into a totally different colour direction. Some girls like pink and some like bold colours so I why not make cards for both? These flowers were punched out and cut out from the left over piece from the large rectangle and I used my Martha S punch for the ferns - and added some gems. I almost got it right but little wimpy brads in the corners just wasn't working so I punched out some corners with my Stampin' Up punch and used them.  On to card three.


More stash papers! This time I really followed the sketch except my oval is on an angle instead of up and down but too bad, it looked better this way. The flowers I picked up at the dollar store I think, but not sure and I used more ferns from the Martha S. punch. So, this is the card that got sent to Stampin' Bella for her blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...