Monday, November 19, 2012

"Sorry Grandma" - a scrapbook layout

What a great weekend. We had tickets to see Michelle Wright (who was born in Chatham, raised just outside of here in Merlin) and in spite of the fact that I was not having a good day on Friday, I was determined to go. Friday night was also the night of the Santa Claus parade and it would be going right past the beautiful Capital Theatre where Michelle was performing. So, we thought we'd go early and eat out first, which would have been great if everyone else in Chatham didn't have the same idea! Wow, busy or what! At one restaurant they said it would be about 30 - 45 minutes for a table - not going to wait, sorry. Next place was less packed and we were seated right away but it took almost an hour for our food to come. But we made it to the concert in lots of time - in fact we even stopped and watched some of the parade. Michelle Wright was AWESOME! If you ever get a chance to see her, go! She is quite the humanitarian as well. In fact she was awarded the Queen's Diamond Jubilee medal which has not been presented to anyone in 60 years! Quite the honour I'd say.

I thought I'd post the next page in the scrapbook layout to the one I posted Thursday. I meant to post this on the weekend but the weekend sort of flew by too fast.

The "boys", including Grampa, decided to quit hockey and play kick ball in the backyard. As you can see in the background of the photos, I have a huge garden back there. Of course, I told the boys to be careful not to kick the ball into the flowers - and I heard "Sorry Grandma" quite a few times. Oh well, they are flowers and it's the boys having fun that count.

Here's the second page.


and here's the two pages together


The paper is from a huge container full that my daughters gave me for my birthday a couple of years ago so I have no idea who made it. They bought it at Costco I know that. I die cut the letters except for the word "fun" which started out a different colour and I just used alcohol inks to colour it green. I made the flower on the left side and the sun on the right. The banner that holds "backyard" was cut from a Fiskars template. I cut the wine one, glued it to green paper and cut around it to give it an edge.  The green piece of paper where the journaling is was cut from a stencil from Paper Wishes and I did the same thing as the banner to get the wine edge.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...