Monday, November 5, 2012

Love is Forever Card

We are seriously thinking of switching our Internet service. Decisions, decisions. Could they make things any more confusing? I don't think so. For instance, why would a company bill you $20 more for installation and then give you a credit the next month for the same $20??? So odd. So, if I disappear for a couple of days, you will know we took the plunge and switched!

Today I'm posting another anniversary card. Image by Stamping Bella. This is a cut away card which explains the dark right side.

I coloured the image with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I was asked if I prefer these to Copics but I cannot compare because I don't have Copics - way beyond my price range. I lie, I think I have 5 Copics I bought years ago because I was told that "You just need one of each colour range and as you go over them they darken" - wrong advice lady from Mary Maxim. You need 3 or 4 or 5 in each colour range. So, I picked up some Prismacolor pencils on sale and with a 40% off coupon and that's what I use. I have Tombow markers as well and I use them if I stamp on water colour paper and I use my Distress Inks as well to paint with sometimes - depends on my mood.

I decided that this couple were the type that would wear bright clothes. It doesn't show in this picture but I gave her blue hair which also suits her. (I was at a senior resident awhile back and one of the ladies had lavender hair - very different!)  Anyway, the designer paper is from a 6" pack and I hate cutting it off so I cut the front of the card off, glued on the designer paper, cut it off and glued the extra paper to the inside.

Here's the inside of the card.


I like the way this one turned out. The little butterfly is a fabric one that I bought at Dollarama  - a huge bag full of different coloured ones for $1.00. Can't beat that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...