Tuesday, November 13, 2012

More cards, same stamp

The weather has turned from rain to brrrrrrrr cold. A friend outside of the city says they had some snow but nothing here in town - yet! Apparently it is coming. Yuck! I am so not a winter person. Wasn't even before I had the brain disorders that really do not like the cold weather. Oh well, after 65 years of living in Canada I'm getting used to it! Hubby is not! He really hates winter.

Today I'm posting more cards made from the stamp I borrowed from my friend.

This one is a reminder of how I started out. Same process as yesterday's instructions so I won't repeat them. But even with changing the elements and design a bit, I was getting bored with it a bit.

So, I added a little bit of black.

OK, a lot of black. Yup, I embossed the negative space with black embossing powder and then sponged yellow and orange Distress inks all around it. Then I took some yellow cardstock and sponged more Distress ink on it to make it a little more interesting. The second panel was actually off-white with the wording there so I just sponged it too and drew a black line down each side to mimic a black piece behind it. The butterfly was punched out of a Martha S. border punch. I just punched one piece to get the butterfly.

Nicer but what else could I do?

I changed up the colours.



Same stamp but different colour combination by adding more red Distress inks. There are probably up to 5 different colours of Distress inks on each card. That was a fun afternoon and evening making these! Nothing better then getting a brand new stamp to play with. Friend Jane and I went together and bought a few things from Paper Wishes and they should be here this week - wah hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...