Monday, November 12, 2012

One stamp, three different cards

Raining again! This has been a wet fall. The Great Lakes need the rain as the water level is way too low which restricts how much weight the ferries and the lake and ocean ships can carry. However, on the flip side, I feel sorry for the farmers who are trying to get the corn and soybean crops off. That's life - there's always a flip side to pretty much everything.

My friend and I exchanged stamps. Here are three different cards using the same stamp.

This is the first one I made. It's OK but not my favorite. This stamp was one of the negative image stamps which means the background is what gets coloured, the image itself does not. So, I stamped it with Versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder and heat set it. Then I sponged various Distress inks onto it to colour the image. Mounted each layer on brown cardstock and added the brown bow made by my home-made bow maker. The brown ribbon is one I picked up at the dollar store and I was surprised how nice it was. I need to get another roll of it.

Here are some other cards I made. Tomorrow I'll post some very different ones using the same stamp. I got a little more creative with the last ones.


Same process as before but used a light blue ink on top of the Versamark ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder so the background is in light blue.


Same process but I used more redish orangy Distress inks and mounted it on the same coloured cardstock. You can't read the tag hanging off the blue ribbon but it says "Birthday Wishes".

Tomorrow - same stamp but in black!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...