Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gingerbread House Card

Today was a delightful day! It was a balmy 3C (38F) and no chance of snow or rain so we called hubby's aunt and uncle to see if they were up for a visit. He is 85, she is 81 and in spite of slowing down some from various medical problems, they are still delightful to visit. It's about an hour and a half drive one way but worth it.

Today I'm posting a card I made for our five year old grandson. I picked up the stamp on sale for $2.00 when the Paper Pickle downsized.

The house was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Then, I stamped it again on white cardstock and coloured the candy with Tombow markers and cut them out and glued them on top of the original stamping. Then they were coated with Glossy Accents to make them look shiny like real candy does. Unfortunately you cannot see it well in the photo but in real life some of them rally look real. The three Hershey kisses were a bit of a challenge. After a few failed attempts I came up with this idea - I glued a piece of silver foil paper onto some cardstock and stamped that portion of the stamp on to the reverse side and cut them out. That worked! I added some "snow" to the roof and around the ground which you also cannot see in the photo and added some glitter here and there.

Again, the paper looks pinkish but it really is quite red.

Not heading down to the lower studio (aka the basement) tonight. Too tired. I think after I compute for awhile, I'll read until X-Factor is on. We tape it so we don't have to watch commercials - bad I know..but there are way too many commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...