Thursday, December 20, 2012

Page Map Challenge

What a day! Neither one of us slept all that well last night so this morning we were both unmotivated to do much. Besides which it was a dull, grey overcast day and not very inviting out at all. We had errands to run but we decided to have a lazy morning and go out in the afternoon. Wrong decision. The grey skies opened up right at lunch time and it was pouring rain all afternoon - a cold pouring rain. Brrrr. No snow here but cold rain instead. Looks like another green Christmas for us.

Part of the errands we had to do was to stop at the church to pick up another poinsettia to be delivered to the nursing home as one of our parishioners just moved in there. They gave me her name and I got her a Christmas card done and we picked up the plant and stopped at the nursing home on the way home. Trouble is I pulled one of my weird stunts that got hubby's eyes rolling again. Her first name was the same as someone I knew years ago and unfortunately I then had that person's last name stuck in my head so I'm at the nursing home trying to find the wrong person. Oh boy. We went on home and I called the church office and she laughed and gave me the right name again and this time I found her. Typical me!

Another thing that went wrong is that I was playing around with the layout of my blog and got the background changed but somehow I deleted the "link within" widget that shows other past entries and it will not reinstall it. Not sure why because it worked the first time but something is blocking it now. Always something.

But I did get a card made tonight. I noticed a card challenge over on Page Maps blog and decided to enter. Their sketch had hearts but I replaced the hearts with butterflies.


Other then replacing the hearts with butterflies I pretty much followed the sketch. I'm back on the path of using my scraps up but the designer paper was cut from a new piece...but the rest was not. I ran just the top part of the wine cardstock thru an embossing folder leaving the bottom plain so the sentiment would stick - for once I thought ahead! I lightly sponged some pink ink on top of the raised edges. The edges of the patterned paper was sponged with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. After assembling it I die cut the butterflies with my new Stampin' Up mini die. The large one was die cut twice, once with soft wine and once with the patterned paper and then I cut away about 1/8" of the patterned paper so it would fit inside the other one. Then I die cut the dark wine and glued it on top. The one on the left has three layers of butterflies but the one on the right is just one dark wine one but pink was brushed over the embossed circles. The antenna and body of the large butterfly and the body of the small ones are left over pieces of gold peel-and-stick lines. I keep all small pieces 1/4" long and up just for this type of purpose. This card is much different then I usually do but I don't mind it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...