Friday, December 21, 2012

A Get Well Card

I may have spoke too soon about a green Christmas. What did I see when I looked out the window this morning - snow! Wet snow that was just sticking to the grass and tops of roofs but melting on anything else. Its hovering right around 0C (32F) so if it stays cold, the snow will stay but if it gets a bit warmer it will melt pretty quickly. It's coming down pretty hard right now so I'm glad I'm not driving very far today. Luncheon out with the group from the Aqua Fit class and home again. That's it for me today.

Some good news! I won some Stamping Bella bucks just for submitting cards to her blog and I just cashed them in. $70 worth of stamps came by courier today! Whoot! Whoot! If you have any Stamping Bella stamps, enter your cards. You might win.

This week's challenge at Stamping Bella was to make a Get Well Card. No sketch, just do your own thing. Here's mine.

This is my favorite stamp for Get Well Cards. It was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Then I sponged blue chalk lightly around the edges. Flower Soft was added to the inside of the pink flower on the left and purple flock was added to the round flowers. Gems were added to the yellow flowers and stickles to the others.

I used my new Spellbinder die that I just love. I put the Spellbinder largest oval die in the centre of this one and ran it thru the Cuttlebug, then flipped it over and embossed them both. I will use the centre piece for another card. I cut the image down to fit and glued it on. I just happened to have some ribbon that matched so I tied a bow and added the sentiment. The background paper is from my stash.

1 comment:

  1. I always love your cards Violet! And SNOW! I'am just green with envy! I miss living in a place where one can at least hope for snow for Christmas. I haven't had that since childhood. I keep hoping i'll find that again...where i'am at now is not the place......100% chance of rain today and tomorrow though ...things haven't been this green since spring. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...