Monday, December 24, 2012

Quilted & Painted Christmas Items

One more day to go! Hard to believe that tomorrow is Christmas. After the hockey game last night I came home and whipped up a batch of sugar cookies to bake today. They always roll out better if they are nice and cold.

Before I post the photos of the quilted items I want to put in a plug for our local equestrian precision team. The horses are on their way to Pasadena as we speak...or write! TJ Stables in Chatham have been asked to perform in the Tournament of Roses Parade before but it is very expensive to transport horses down there, as well as all the riders. This year they had a big fund raiser and did it. If you watch the parade, look for a sea of riders proudly wearing red and white on beautiful horses.

Here are just a couple of quilted items I made.

Place mats! I made these last year and the corners fit perfectly around our table. These are just for show. We don't eat off them! Too much work to have spaghetti sauce slopped on them!


I made this one a couple of years ago. It was a mystery challenge at our quilt guild so we didn't know what the final project would look like until completed. I think I would have used more contrasting colours if I had known ahead of time....but it's OK. The book sitting on the right corner has Father Christmas painted on it and it opens up to hold our Christmas cards. I painted it about 10 years ago and I still love it. Picture of it to follow at the end of the post.

Here's a closer view of the table runner.


And here's a photo of the Christmas card holder book sitting on the table.


Took a class at Shelley's Painted Treasurers to paint this one.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...