Sunday, December 23, 2012

Reindeer on Holidays Card

So far this has been a glorious Sunday. Had an excellent church service with the choir going all out for the cantata - we have a wonderful choir director/organist - then our usual breakfast out after church, then a cool, brisk 55 minute walk and after a short while at home we will be heading out to watch our local hockey team, The Chatham Maroons, play the London Nationals. Go Chatham!!!

Today's card is another one I made for one of the grandsons. This is Jack's card.
I picked up this stamp on sale at Hobby Lobby a few years ago and haven't really used it much for some odd reason. It is a very cute stamp. The reindeer all have on swimming trunks as if they are ready for a vacation. I coloured this one with Tombow markers. I like to scribble the markers on a piece of sturdy plastic and then use a wet paint brush to paint the colour on. I sponged blue ink around the edges. The background was run thru the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder and then I lightly applied blue ink to the top of the embossed areas. Once again, the strip of paper has changed colour, this time from red to an orangey colour - but it is red. I added the blue snowflakes and then added a silver gem in the centre.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...