Thursday, January 31, 2013

Old Style Bicycle

Change in the weather once again! After two days of rain and very mild temperatures, the temperature dropped to a more normal for this time of the year and brought strong winds and snow flurries with it. Not a lot of snow so far but the wind is blowing it around like crazy. Good day to stay indoors.

I was asked to design the bookmarks and flyer for our quilt guild's upcoming quilt show in 2014 so that's what I worked on last night. I told them I was NOT a graphic artist but I would try my best to work up something suitable. By the time I got them all done I was computered out and forgot to post a card!

Here's today's card.


I liked the way this card turned out; but then again, I like seeing this old style bicycle. I remember seeing pictures of them when I was a kid and asking my father how in the world did they get up on them? He said it was the worst engineering design ever, in his opinion. Not an easy thing to ride at all - but nice to stamp!

I stamped it with chocolate brown ink, die cut and embossed it with a Spellbinder's square die and sponged some Tea Dye Distress Ink around the edges while still in the die. Then I die cut and embossed the larger brown square. I took some co-ordinating paper and cut two smaller then the third one and inked the edges of all of them before gluing them to a card base I made from the same brown as the larger square. A peel-and-stick sentiment in gold was added at the end. A quick and simple card to make but I like it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...