Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Sympathyn Card

I sure don't have many funny stories to write about when we don't leave the house. Nothing too funny happens here - OK, maybe some odd things like putting the sewing machine needle thru my finger. Here's an update on that - it appears to be healing but mostly on the outside. I think there is one very deep spot that has not healed on the inside so I shall have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get infected. I did go and get a tetanus shot last week because I wasn't sure if I had one within 10 years or not. The finger does not like touching anything yet so I'm pretty limited to what I can do. Tried quilting yesterday - quit after an hour with an aching finger.

On a brighter note, I did pretty good at the thrift store this morning. I was over at my friend's house this morning doing daycare watching while she went to the doctor's with her very sick husband (kids didn't seem to notice my barely audible voice) and on the way home I stopped at the thrift store. I picked up a package of 81/2" x 11" Kodak photo paper that I need and keep forgetting to buy. It came with some other paper, writing pad, etc, but nothing to brag about but the whole package was $2.99 so it was worth it. Then I found three bags of stamps, $4.99 each. Done!

Today's card is a sympathy card made once again mostly from the stash.
The background paper is from a paper pack that I bought last December at the thrift store so I did cut into it. The rest is all from the stash. The label is from Hot off the Press and it comes with many different sentiments and other labels. The butterflies were die cut with a Stampin' Up die. I ran a light yellow sponge over the top of a couple of the butterflies to hi-lite the embossed areas. Love that die. When I have a small piece of cardstock left over, say 2", I just run it thru this die and put the butterflies in a box for future use. I stamped the label and then cut it out and re-inked the edges with brown ink and attached it with dimensional dots. The rectangles were all mounted on the same brown. I cut out the middle of the larger one and used it for the butterflies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...