Monday, February 25, 2013

Baby Card

What a gorgeous day - especially this morning! The sun was shining and the snow was melting and it was so nice to be out and about. No voice yet but I did get to Aqua Fit anyway - it's been 3-1/2 weeks with laryngitis. So nice to be back in the water again. What's really nice, besides the exercise, is the fact that no one can tell when you mess up or when you decided to just do your own thing instead of what the instructor is doing. I wear a water belt and go to the deep end and that makes it even easier to do your own thing. Unlike aerobics! I am not the most graceful or co-ordinated person; OK, I'm a klutz actually so I need all the help I can get. One time, many years ago, my oldest daughter and I decided to join an aerobics class. She was about 14 and about as graceful and co-ordinated as her mother. Well, we had a blast and so did a few people around us. The instructor, not so much. She had us all lined up in a row and doing some very fancy foot works and I'm not sure if I bumped into Maryanne or she bumped into me to start it but we sort of set off the domino affect, but with people. Bump, fall, bump, fall, bump, fall all down the line. Ooops. Sorry. Everyone laughed and thought it was funny. The instructor, not so much. Another night she had us laying on the floor and we had to bring one knee up and our head up at the same time. Maryanne got a little too aggressive and banged her head against her knee which threw me and several others into fits of laughter. The instructor, not so much. Another night just as the class started, Maryanne came down with a case of the hiccups - the noisy kind that you swear start in your toes. We all thought it was funny watching her face as she tried to stop them. The instructor, not so much. In fact, at the end of the session she strongly suggested that we do not take her next session. Yup, expelled from aerobics. Bet not too many people can say that! Some instructors just have no sense of humour!...and I'm sticking with Aqua Fit just be on the safe side.

Anyway, back to the post. Today I'm posting a baby card made with the "Onesie" rolling stamp from Stampin' Up.

I inked up the stamp and just rolled it across the white cardstock. Then I cut each one out and coloured them up. This one is, once again, done with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. And, once again, I coloured it up before picking the paper. Oh boy. Will I ever learn? But, I went thru my stash and found the perfect paper. The sentiments are from two different sets.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...