Friday, February 22, 2013

Kisses for my Sweet

Here we go with another weather cycle. Earlier this week most of the snow melted once again, then it turned bitter cold, then this morning it snowed for a few hours and once again we had to have the neighbour clear the driveway. Now the weather forecast is calling for rain and perhaps even freezing rain as the temperature is now right around the freezing mark. What a weird winter.

Day 22 still no voice! Could be worse. My neighbour's daughter came home from University for a few days and came down with tonsillitis. I had mine out just before I turned four so I know I can't get that again. Now here's a funny story for you about that. I had them out in the summer and I have vivid memories of that time. I actually can recall things back before I turned three which surprises a lot of people but I do. Anyway, the day my mother took me to the hospital I was really, really mad at her because even at 4 I knew this was gonna hurt! But on the way past the garden I stopped and picked some flowers to give to the doctor! Really I did. That's a four year old's logic for you! - be mad at your mother for driving you to the hospital but take flowers to the doctor who's gonna yank out your tonsils! Too funny! (By the way, my mother would smack my hands if she saw me writing "gonna" and man would we get it if we talked that way but sometimes it just suits!)


On with the post. This week's challenge at Stamping Bella was a sketch...and I followed it!

Well almost. I added the small banner to add the sentiment but other then that I followed it. More leftover paper except for the dark one. This one was colored with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Circles were cut from a Spellbinders's die of course and the banner was hand cut.

Yesterday the Paper Pickle had a buy one, get one 50% off sale so I treated myself to a couple of embossing folders and the Spellbinder's rectangle nesting dies that are exactly 1/4" apart but if you have both sets, you can get them exactly 1/8" apart. I use rectangles more then any other shape so I got both sets and I sure hope I use them as much as I think I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...