Thursday, March 7, 2013

Birthday Style

Well the black cloud of life hovered over us for sure this week. Tuesday the car wouldn't start and we ended up having to buy a new battery. We went to Windsor for the day and didn't get home until after 5:00 pm. About 6:30 I wass getting cold so I asked Joe if he could feel a cold draft too? Come to think of it he says, yes but nothing is open so why is it getting cold in here? Well, the answer to that is that the furnace quit working. The fan was coming on but it was only blowing cold air. Service charges for furnace repair after 5:00 is doubled so we decided to wait til morning to have them come. It was not a bitter cold night so how cold could it get inside, right? Turns out it gets very cold. The guy came right at 8:00 to fix it but it took me all day to warm up. I'm usually cold anyway and this time I was cold, through and through. Hopefully the black cloud has left for awhile! Oh, and by the way, the laryngitis is back!

My granddaughter, Kadri, turns 21 this weekend - hard to believe but she is! So, of course, I made her a card. I actually made two cards very similar to each other so I could choose the best one for her. Here they are.

 
This is the first one I made. Both card bases were made with a Yellow Ochre cardstock I had. This is a Stamping Bella image and the sentiment comes with it. Both of them were coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and die cut using a Spellbinders die.
 
For the background on this one I took a piece of yellowish paper and ran some Distress Ink around it and embossed it. It was OK, but just OK.
 
This is the second card.



So, for this one I rubbed several colours of Distress ink around it before embossing it. I like it so much better as it gives it more depth. This is the one I sent to Kadri.

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are lovely but i do like the color better in the second card......

    At least you and hubby had each other for body heat! Brrr.... i don't envy you that cold night! Did you have electric blankets??
    Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...