Tuesday, April 9, 2013

15 quilts found a home - and a card

Well the 13 quilts I made and two from another guild member have found a home. The nursing home has such strict rules we could not leave them there so I called the cancer clinic and they said they would be thrilled to have them.  They can give them to their patients who can bring them back and forth for their treatment. So, once this terrible cough of mine is gone, I shall bring them there.

Yup, another cold thanks to hubby who came down with one last week. His is a head cold, mine is in my chest. Horrible cough. But, once again, this too shall pass!

Today I'm posting the second card I made for my friend who wanted a more masculine wedding card for her grandson. She picked the other one and I think this one is more geared to an engagement but who knows.

 
This giraffe stamp is an oldie and I seldom use it but it sort of fits for this type of card so maybe it will get inked up a little more now. Pretty quick and easy card to make. Circles are from Spellbinders and the bookmark is from Sizzix. The stamp "the perfect pair" is one of those small .99 stamps that came with a tiny pear but I didn't use it.

Well, back to quilting. The basement (oops, lower studio) is a bit damp and not the best place when I have such a cough). I'm making a crazy quilt using my serger - an experiment that is working out fairly well. This quilt is going to ChildCan who gives quilts out to every child diagnosed with caner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...