Friday, April 19, 2013

Another Friday, Another Card

Another Friday! Pouring rain last night and again this morning and now the temperature is dropping. Spring shows up for a few hours one day and then disappears again. We have a sparrow building a nest in one of our bird houses and one of them sits on top of it to guard it (guessing that's why it sits there all the time) and it sways something fierce in the wind. Our bird houses are mounted on shovels so we can just "plant" them in the garden where ever we want them. The ground is so wet that the shovel does not have a good hold right now. We're hoping the house wrens show up soon and claim the other two bird houses.

Usually on Friday I post a Bellariffic Friday card for the Stamping Bella challenge but I was too sick this week to make anything. Joe knows I'm sick when I don't want to create anything. He's made several trips to the library for me to bring home books because that's pretty much all I've done. But, I'm slowing getting better so that's good.

Today's card is another cut-away card I made with some left over paper. I really like this one.


The designer paper was another cut piece that was in with some other paper from a mixed package from the thrift store. Once again I punched the edge with the Martha S. punch and did the same with a strip of the polka dot and white paper and layered them together. I had a piece of the polka dot left over so I die cut a flower using Tim Holtz Sizzix die, Tattered Floral" and paired it with a shiny pink paper for contrast. I rolled the edges over a chip stick for some more dimension and then added the button.  The ribbon was added with double sided tape and then I added the peel-and-stick sentiment and little gold flower. The ferns behind the flower were punched with the Martha S. fern punch. Once again I lined the inside of the card with the same pink polka dot paper.

Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...