Monday, May 27, 2013

New Poppy Die

This is going to be a busy day. After we pick up our new Toyota I have to go to the church and take a photo of the quilt our guild members made that will be raffled off at our quilt show. They want to make posters, etc. to advertise it. I usually stay and quilt but I'm still having some problems with the brain disorders and they do not like a lot of noise so listening to 8 or 10 sewing machines going in a small room is not going to happen. After lunch I'm going to try to get some of the flowers planted, likely just the pots today. That will take up most of the afternoon. Joe thinks I should get everything planted because they are calling for rain and then temperatures in the 90's(F) starting tomorrow but that's a lot of planting in one day! We shall see.

In spite of not being down in the lower studio for several weeks, I did do a lot of stamping and then sat and did the colouring upstairs. Now I'm back to the studio putting some cards together. But, then I just happened to go into the Paper Pickle for a couple of things and fell in love with some of the new Memory Box dies. I was good and only bought three (and two more Spellbinder dies but who's counting) and I absolutely love this poppy die. I made two cards and here is the first one. Tomorrow I'll post what I did with the negative portion.


I die cut the poppy out of the plain green and then the red and glued the red right on top of the green. This gives it great dimension. The bird is also a Memory Box die and it was cut from the same red. It doesn't come with a wing so I just hand cut one and then added a black dot for an eye. The background paper came from a pad I picked up at the thrift store so likely out of stock. The white lattice is another one of the new dies and I ran it thru the Cuttlebug twice and then laid them side by side. I've been using the sheets of glue  (Thermo Web Sticky Dots) that Deb at the Pickle talked me into buying - thanks Deb, great product! The green rectangle is from the stash and just happened to match the green background paper. Once it was die cut I inked the edges in black, placed another die inside and traced around it in black and then stamped the sentiment. I really like how this turned out and I think I'll make some more using this sketch but in different colours.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...