Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Negative Side

It's raining! We so needed a good long rain and it finally came. It started yesterday afternoon and rained most of the night - and still raining off and on. I got the pots planted yesterday afternoon before it started but the daffodils are still not dug up and separated - I have way too many and some are finding new homes - and I didn't get the annuals planted in the gardens. We lost one flat of impatience Saturday night. I knew there was a frost warning out but I really didn't think it would be hard enough to damage them - wrong. Most of the flats were tucked in amongst the perennials but the impatience was out on his own and it got hit hard. Oh well, could be worse and not too expensive to replace one flat. The farmers lost some crops though and that is sad. That is their livelihood, not a hobby. They are calling for a thunderstorm this afternoon so this will be an afternoon in the "lower studio" (aka the basement) getting some cards made and some scrapbook layouts done. The brain disorders don't like rainy days so no listening to the sewing machine going today. Glad I have more then one hobby.

Yesterday I posted a card using the positive of a die cut poppy using a Memory Box die. Instead of throwing out the negative cut, I like to use them. Here's my "negative" card.


I wanted green stems for the other card so I placed the die in the middle of, I think, a 2" wide strip and ran it thru the Cuttlebug. I placed a black piece of cardstock behind it and glued it down. The polka dot paper is from my stash. It needed more "pop" so I cut two 1/4" strips of black and glued them down the sides. The label was cut from one of my new Spellbinder dies and then I glued it to a piece of black and hand cut around it and then stamped the sentiment. Over all a very elegant, simple card but suitable for a sympathy card.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...