Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Old Bicycle Card

I've been telling you what odd May weather we are having and this will confirm it - Last Saturday we had frost - so below 32F. Today, in the 90's and humid. That's a 60 degree increase in four days. Incredible. I've got all the pots planted and the annuals except for the wax begonias. I remember putting them on the cart at the nursery but they didn't come home with us. Joe loves wax begonias so we need to go back and get some and get another flat of impatience that the frost damaged. I planted them but some will not survive.

Today's card was made with another Memory Box die.

 
Still using up the "stash"! I found this brown paper and it was just the right size for the card and leaving the edge for a contrast colour. So first I glued them to the card base. Then I die cut the old bicycle twice, once in gray, once in the brownish red cardstock and then glued them together offsetting them a bit so the gray looks like a shadow. There was once piece of the base colour left over so I cut it down a bit and notched the ends and glued it on and then glued on the bicycle. The bicycle was glued together and down using the sticky dot paper. The sentiment on the brown paper is from Paper Wishes and the small Happy Birthday is a gold peel-and-stick. The nut on the bicycle wheel is actually a brad. I bought a package of them at the Paper Pickle last week because they look masculine. I simply snipped the long ends off once I popped it thru the bike so the ends wouldn't show and to reduce bulk. Just leave about 1/4" so you can fold them over.
 
 
Oh the body is starting to feel the work-out it got in the garden today. I think this is going to be a flake out night!
 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...