Friday, June 7, 2013

A Bellariffic Friday Thinking of You Card

Another Friday already. This year is flying by too darn fast. Nothing much to report today seeing as I didn't even pop my head out the door yesterday. I was down in the lower studio working on some scrapbook layouts. I'm so far behind!!! I also broke another B plate in my Cuttlebug. I was embossing one of the fancy square dies and had left the tin plate between the C and B plate that I use when I die cut them. Just as I was running it thru I realized I had not removed the tin plate and thought to myself, "I wonder if should take out the tin plate",... CRACK.....the thought came a little too late. Luckily Michael's has 50% off one item this week so we are off to Michael's after we have lunch out with some friends. I seldom go to Michael's because they are so much more expensive than Hobby Lobby but we don't have HL here in Canada and only go to Michigan a few times a year so Michael's it is.

Anyway, this week's challenge at Stamping Bella was to make a friendship card. Here's mine.

This Stamping Bella chair was one I picked up on sale big time and wondered if I would use it much. Turns out I do. I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and was looking thru the stash and found this yellow piece of cardstock with the scallop oval already cut out. I've mentioned before that I always keep the negative portion and I was perfect for this card. I wanted a thinking of you card that could go to a man or a woman and this one fit the bill. The "just sitting here" sentiment was printed out and then I mounted it on a small brown piece of cardstock and I used the remainder of the brown along the bottom. All edges were inked with a brown ink pad. I stamped the large Thinking of You sentiment and added the three little gold peel-and-stick flowers.
 
Have a great weekend everyone! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...